Things to Do in Dana Point (No. 3 is Our Favorite!)
If you find yourself in Orange County, you definitely want to visit Dana Point. Located halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles, it is a beautiful harbor with so many fun outdoor activities to appreciate the perfect weather Southern California has to offer.
1. Whale Watching Excursions: Dana Point provides year-round Whale Watching tours. Aside from spotting whales you will most likely see dolphins, seals, sea lions and other nautical creatures.
2. Fishing: You can fish off the pier, from the shore, a boat, or a kayak.
3. Boat Tours: You can rent a private boat charter, a catamaran, or a sailboat to ride along the beautiful coast and admire spectacular views.
4. Outdoor Activities: Whether you enjoy stand-up paddle-boarding, surfing, kayaking, or parasailing, Dana Point has you covered!
5. Beach: You cannot miss a visit to one of the beaches of Dana Point to relax and hang out with the family. Doheny State Beach is one of California's most popular beaches, located in Dana Point. Doheny Beach offers picnicking, camping, surfing, bicycling, and swimming.
6. Shopping: This is the perfect place for boutique shopping of unique gifts, clothes, jewelry, and accessories.
7. Food: Have lunch or dinner at a coastal restaurant with a great view. RAYA at the Ritz-Carlton is a great choice!